Note from Evan Graber, compliments of Dave Stewart


El Do Rotarians,


Dave Stewart here ... had a note from Evan Graber in my inbox this morning, and wanted to pass it along. Thanks.


His blog address is attached below, followed by his personal message to our Club.
http://rotarytrip.wordpress.com/


From Evan Graber in Edinburgh, Scotland:


Classes are in full swing, and I am enjoying them thoroughly. Edinburgh is a place that is not lacking inspiration for a young student. The city is littered with statues of great leaders, writers, and thinkers. Sir Walter Scott, Wellington, David Hume, and John Knox have all become familiar faces. In addition to these faces that line the streets of the city, the halls of my school are lined with the notable heads of the school through over four hundred years of tradition. Imposing architecture and lofty expectations add to the aura of the place. However, I think there is something about being from Kansas that does not allow one to be easily intimidated by the imposing. I see opportunity and possibility.


The Rotary Club of Edinburgh and my host Rotarians have been more than welcoming of me in my stay here. I am making arrangements to meet with the local Rotaract Clubs as well as attend the District Conference in York. Also, I have received invitations to go golfing and to try curling, which apparently is not just for Canadians. Already, weekend excursions to the borderlands and visits to a number of museums have filled my free time. Already, I have had an excellent time with the club and at the university; and I am looking forward to the opportunities and possibilities of the year ahead.


My best regards and thanks to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Meeting Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2014

Dynamic Discs presents at Nov. 16 meeting