Rotary (not Ratary)
I made an unfortunate misspelling on the Rotary newsletter I send each Monday. Maybe it was the holiday, or maybe because I was so focused on the fact that it was now Tuesday and Rotary of El Dorado meets on Wednesday, therefore, tomorrow. So I sent the subject line "Ratary Meets Tomorrow". Of course, there's no way to recall an email!
Rotary meets tomorrow, Sept. 8, to discuss the School Bond Issue for USD 490. From the news release:
Bond issue to be placed on November 2nd ballot
Larry McCully is the Rotarian of the Day. Join us!
--Micaela Ayers
Secretary
Rotary meets tomorrow, Sept. 8, to discuss the School Bond Issue for USD 490. From the news release:
Bond issue to be placed on November 2nd ballot
The USD 490 Board of Education approved a resolution to place a $36,105,000 bond issue on the November 2, 2010 ballot to build a new middle school on a new site and a new Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 5 elementary school on the Skelly site. The cost of construction is $35.51 million. The cost of issuance of the bonds and capitalized interest is estimated at $595,000. The request by the district for allocation of Qualified School Construction Bonds (federal stimulus funds) was recently approved by Kansas State Department of Education. The approved allocation is for $12,500,000. It is estimated that Qualified School Construction Bonds would save district taxpayers $3.725 million in financing over the life of the bonds.
Larry McCully is the Rotarian of the Day. Join us!
--Micaela Ayers
Secretary
Comments
Post a Comment